Where are our community?
Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā serves the areas of the North Shore, Waitakere, and Rodney extending to Wellsford in the north and as far south as the Auckland Harbour Bridge, incorporating Whangaparaoa in the east and the west coast beaches of Muriwai, Piha and Karekare in the west.
Who makes up our community?
The Waitematā district contains approximately 630,000 people making it the largest population of all Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand's districts. We have an ethnically diverse population with 10% Māori, 7 % Pacific, 19% Asian and the remainder being European or Other which includes Middle Eastern, Latin American and African.
Our population is projected to increase by a third, reaching 764,000 by 2034. It will also be an older population with the number of people aged 65 years and older expected to double. Our Māori, Pacific and Asian populations will also grow. We need to plan and develop our services to meet the needs of this expanding and changing population.
More information on our community is available through our Population Profile webpage.
How we involve our community
We value community involvement our day to day activities, future planning and the improvement of services.
There are a number of different ways to get involved:
- Provide your personal feedback on your experience of coming into the hospital or using one of outpatient and/or community based services. Your feedback can be anonymous.
- Take part in a public consultation
- Join our online community panel - Reo Ora Health Voice - to receive surveys by email as well as invitations to attend focus groups or other opportunities.
- Contact Health Links who work closely with health providers to connect health services with health consumers (patients) and distribute health information to the community and collect feedback to inform service planning.
- Become a Health Consumer Representative participate as a member of a committee to voice the consumer perspective on a health planning group.
- Become a volunteer and help our within the hospital through a range of roles
If you have any questions, please email us on email@example.com